The term Alopecia is used widely in our industry and it is often under estimated. Alopecia means hair loss, however, there are several types of Alopecia:
- Androgenetic Alopecia is the most common form of Alopecia, affecting 50% of men and 35% of women worldwide. This pattern is relative to the area of baldness at the front, top, and crown of the scalp. The hair along the occipital ridge is permanent hair. The loss starts when the hormone, Testosterone, is activated to a skin enzyme called 5-alpha reductase. Once merged, Dihydrotestosterone is created at the base of the follicle, which cuts off essential blood flow and nutrients that a hair needs to grow. If left untreated, permanent balding occurs.
- Alopecia Areata is a form of hair loss that develops in patchy appearances and occurs suddenly. The size of the hair loss areas vary and can spread rapidly.
- Alopecia Totalis is a form of hair loss where an individual may lose all of the hair on their head.
- Alopecia Universalis is a form of hair loss where all follicles on the body are affected; eyebrows, arms, legs, arm pits, etc.
- Traction Alopecia is a form of hair loss that is developed by the overuse of tight hair styles, where a follicle becomes weak and eventually dies from lack of blood supply to the area.
If you are experiencing any type of Alopecia, consult with a hair restoration expert before the condition worsens. Learn about how laser hair therapy can be used to treat Alopecia.
Still have questions? We'd love to send you more information, or set you up to meet with one of our trained professionals to discuss your concerns and hair loss treatment options.
PAI Medical Group of Indiana - A Leader in Permanent and Natural Hair Restoration
PAI is social! LIKE us on Facebook
PAI Medical Group has offered the “Gold Standard” in permanent and natural hair restoration and hair transplants for over 30 years. Only at PAI Medical Group of Indiana will you find our trademarked procedure Multi-Unit Hair Grafting™ and the newest technology in FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), The ARTAS® Robotic System, a breakthrough in Robotic Hair Transplantation, Enhanced Plasma Therapy and Laser Hair Therapy. We offer FREE private evaluations, as well as online and virtual consultations. We can review the costs, low monthly payments and financing. Many of our highly trained and educated hair restoration professionals have been through hair restoration themselves. They will help determine the best treatment plan for your type of hair loss and answer all of your questions. Call today at 1-888-724-5129 or click here to schedule a FREE PRIVATE EVALUATION or VIRTUAL CONSULTATION. Our office is located at 3500 DePauw Blvd, Suite 3090, in Indianapolis, Indiana. Permanent Natural Results are a phone call or click away.